Alex is responsible for managing and reporting concerns about children and for putting into place procedures to safeguard children in the club.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with others in the club to ensure a positive child-centred environment
- Assist the organisation to fulfil its responsibilities to safeguard children at club level
- Assist the organisation to implement its safeguarding children plan at club level
- Act as the first point of contact for staff, volunteers, parents, children and young people where concerns about children’s welfare, poor practice or abuse are identified
- Act as the first point of contact with the lead safeguarding officer
- Implement the organisation’s reporting and recording procedures
- Maintain contact details for the local children’s social care department, the police and Local Safeguarding Children Board
- Promote the organisation’s best-practice guidance and/or code of conduct within the club
- Sit on the club’s management committee
- Ensure adherence to the organisation’s safeguarding children training
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice
If you have any concerns or even questions surrounding the clubs policies then please contact Alex in the first instance.